Monday, April 25, 2022

The Informants

@author_snickerson81 gifted me The Informants after being chosen for @bookstagrammerscom . 

This book is a mysterious, crime fiction ideal for this month. As I was researching what the book consists of, I have read that the author himself was a Special Agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration. The review is my own honest opinion and spoiler free.

The story is about thw wife of a famous Mexican drug lord that was poisoned infront of an 11-year old daughter while having dinner. A huge  reward was set to identify the waiter responsable and the hit man that made this operation real. For this to succeed, many members of the cartel had to be on field to identify the murderer. The Drug Enforcement Administration holds an important conference to investigates the cartel members. Toro, which is an assassin and that even his reputation paves a way for him,  kidnaps an agent and threathens to kill him if the murderer is not identified. 

This is the first book I have read as mystery crime fiction and to be honest I have taken some time to read it. Not because of the writing but there are so many essential details that I was afraid to lose something along the way. The book have so many characters involved and it was like watching a movie, fast and action filled. I felt that I was part of the story, as I was a partner solving the crime. I tried even solving the crime beforehand. Obviously without any success. I had to re-read certain paragraphs in order to fully understand and grasp certain situations because I felt that this was written from someone that truly experienced crime because there are certain details that only a person involved had to know them. I had to search for some terminologies and I had to take a special care for the names that the author has written beforehand. It helped me a lot. I recommend this book especially if you are into a crime-fiction kind of story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment