Thursday, April 21, 2022

Murder in St. Judes

The author of this book @bert_busuttil gifted me this book. I immediately fell in love with the cover since it is so vibrant and eye-catcher. However, as soon as I started reading it, I became obsessed with it. In fact, I finished the book in just three days because I couldn’t stop. The length of the chapters is ideal which makes it easier for the reader to pause and continue. Also, some trigger warnings are important also to be mentioned especially for sensitive audience. The review here is spoiler free and my honest opinion. 

The story is situated in St. Jude’s when a very macabre scene was discovered near the statue of the Madonna in a convent. Few paces far from the scene another macabre scene was found. Inspector Lucio Vella was called in to investigate the crime scenes, teaming up with policemen, members of clergy and brother Marius from the convent.
This remote fishing village never experienced such a horrible homicide and while facing his greatest demons, Vella had to unravel the truth and seek justice.

From the prologue itself, the book is already promising and the only thing that comes into my mind when I see this book is that the story is remarkable. No detail was extra, and every page has something important going on. I was shocked from the beginning, but it helped me to hook myself to the story and read further on. The development of the characters throughout the story is notable and I could feel what they had experience. I felt the anger, sadness and grief. The suspense was continuous, and I couldn’t let go.

Some topics that might cause trigger are homicide and suicide which is very important to point out at this stage. However, the story is highly recommended to those who enjoys a crime and mystery book. I gave this book a solid 4 star! Well done, Robert! Can’t wait for your next book.

#bookblogger #bookishlove #bookphotography #bookstagramfeature #beautifulbooks #book #bookblogging #bookinsta #bookig #bookinstagram #bookish  #bookblogger #booklove #booknerd #booknerdigans #booksbooksbooks #bookaddict #bookgram #readingismagic #whattoread #read #readeveryday #readeverywhere #reading #recommended #malta

No comments:

Post a Comment