Saturday, April 9, 2022

The Song of Achilles

The Song of Achilles is a book that I believe had to be made a classic. This is the book that I can't recommend enough! I love it, absolutely love it! This is the book that made me fall in love with reading and it is the same book that stopped me from reading something else in order to recover from the story. Within a year, I have read this book twice and it never disappoints. The first time I've just read the book while the second time I read it while listening to audio and annotated it as well. This was a very beautiful experience and I have understood more from the story. This review is spoiler-free and my honest opinion.

The story is from Patroclus's point of view and it is the retelling of the stories of Achilles. Achilles is the best of all the Greeks, the son of a Goddess and a very important king. Destiny brought Achilles and Patroclus together and there, an inseparable bond was created, eventually falling in love with each other. Achilles however had to make a decision that due to a prophecy might lead to something lethal. Little did Patroclus know that his intervention can help Achilles save his reputation. I can't give more information since I promised that this review is spoiler free.

This book is out of this world! Love Miller's writing skills and her way of portraying the characters. The last few chapters shattered me into pieces and the ending was something that left me in tears. I can't recover from this story yet which is why I gave it 5+ stars. The story is fast paced and every detail is important is the story. I loved the development of the characters and how they are portrayed. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment