Saturday, February 12, 2022

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This is the first book from the Shadow Hunters series. What have intrigued me to read this book is the series from Netflix. I saw the series first and it did not disappoint. This is the story of Clary Fray which discovered the world of the Shadowhunters. Clary went to a party with her mundane friend Simon in the Pandemonium to celebrate her birthday. She saw three young adults with strange tattoos on the skin and something happened that changed Clary’s life.

Through this episode, Clary started to discover what are the Shadow hunters and the world within. I did really enjoy the City of Bones. There are some pages that are long however I can understand why this happened. The first book is the introduction of the Shadow world and so some explaining was necessary. I gave the book 4 stars because I truly enjoyed the story especially the characters. I saw some differences from the series especially how the characters are portrayed. However it did not effect me. If I had to read it when I was younger, I would totally be obsessed with them. Can't wait to start the second book 🥰

No comments:

Post a Comment