Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Beast Within (The Villains Tales)


Although this is the second book of the Villains tale, I have decided to read it first. This is the first book of the year that I was totally not impressed with the story. I think it was a little bit flat and practically it was a re-telling of the original story. My expectancy was so high that I was utterly disappointed. Although, I did not hate it. I expected the ending to be a little bit different and I felt that the story was a little bit rushed and short from details. I did not make the connection with the characters. The finale was something that really bothered me.

The story is a quick read and a light read as well. It is from the beast point of view. It is how the Prince was evil and selfish, became cursed, what it was like before he meet Belle, the transformation and that they eventually live happily ever after. Characters like Gaston and Circe was centralised but the story with Belle came sudden without any suspense. As I said before, I did not hate it and I totally recommend it if you are passing from a reading slump or after you have read a heavy book. Also, I could see this book ideal for teenagers and if you are discouraged from heavy, complicated books. I enjoyed the fact that the author made use of another story within this retelling but still I have expected more from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment