Saturday, January 22, 2022

Spinola Bay; 10 000 mojitos on the Rock

Faraxa Books contacted me through my Instagram account @onceuponamaltesereader to give an honest review of the book 10 000 mojitos on the Rock: Spinola Bay. This book intrigued me to read it because it is about the Maltese islands. This book is the first one of its genre that made it into my library. It is a very dark psychological thriller. I gave it a solid 4 star. This is my honest review and spoiler-free. 

This book by Sandorr Papp is a story about Ben and his arrival into the Maltese islands exactly in a very small flat in Spinola Bay. His idea was to live in a mundane, solitary life until he became a regular visitor into one of the famous bars in Paceville, Bar Native. This is where his adventure begins. Driven by his loneliness, Ben became involved into several passionate encounters and erotic experiences while sipping continuously mojitos. Several mysterious deaths and fading memories led to an unexpected, very dark circumstances that left me very perplexed.

From the prologue itself, the story hooked me into my chair. It is not a light read and I totally recommend it to an adult audience since it involves a lot of particular topics. This includes the theme of suicide, drugs, murders, detailed sex scenes, alcohol and smoke. If one is interested in psychological thrillers I totally recommend it. It was interesting to experience Malta and Sicily through the eyes of the character. Apart from the fact that the story in itself made me crave for more information to discover what happened to Ben and Nino, one of the characters in the story. This story hooked me from the beginning and left me in suspense until the last sentence. This book is one of the best books I have read so far so thank-you Faraxa and Sandor Papp!

No comments:

Post a Comment