Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

Finally, I have read this book! I wanted to read this book for a very long time because I saw a lot of posts discussing the Midnight Library. I thought that for this new year I had to give it a shot. It is a book that it did not disappoint. It is a story about anxiety, regrets, suicide, depression, death and also uplifting experiences and interesting reflections. This book is something that gave me a lot to think about. This review is spoiler-free.


The character of this book Nora Seed finds herself facing a very important decision in her life. Living with regrets, anxiety and depression is not an option for her so she decided to end her life. Between her life and death, exists the Midnight Library that holds an infinite amount of books. Every book offers an alternative edition of how Nora could live her life. She faces the possibility of experiencing how life could be if she made different decisions. Nora had to make an important decision because she can't live in the Midnight Library forever.

I adored this book. The concept of it is fascinating. The book has short chapters which I loved and sometimes when in traffic or walking I opted to the audio book as well. I would highly recommend it and I believe it is worth all the hype. Although the story is simplistic in itself but for me the way it was written helped me to enjoy it even more. The Midnight library is a 4.5 stars for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment