Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

This is the book I chose to end up the year 2021 with and I was not disappointed. This is the most heart-warming book I have ever read in my entire life. It shattered me. I laughed, I cried and I totally fell in love with especially with young Lucy! (If you have intention to read it, don't judge him immediately. He is a total sweet heart. Probably he will burn you and take your intestines out on a BBQ. Yet, he is the sweetest boy ever)


The story is about Linus Baker, a case-worker with DICOMY. Linus was given a very difficult assignment to investigate an orphanage. This orphanage involves six children that are considered different in the eyes of society. Thus, without getting too much involved, Linus had to check if the orphanage is safe for the children and that they abide by the RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. Not only the children are under investigation but also Arthur Parnassus, the head of this orphanage.

This is the story with various interesting themes and a great eye-opener. It is a book that I totally recommend everyone to read especially when on the news we see so many people suffering. This book is like a hug on Christmas eve, so delicate and pure. It is not a book to over-think about. It is a book that you have to read it with your heart. I love the writing style of TJ Klune. One can almost visualise the scenes. Seriously, I can't explain what this book left in my heart!

Totally recommended!!

No comments:

Post a Comment