Monday, March 14, 2022

It Ends with Us

This is the second book I've read by Colleen Hoover and it is a book that many people were hyped about it. Personally, I think it is a great story. This review is spoiler free and honest. It is important to mention that the book contains triggering subjects such as abuse, domestic violence and rape.

It Ends with Us is a story about Lily, Ryle and Atlas. Lily, a girl that came from a house with domestic violence, helped a homeless guy named Atlas when she was young. With Atlas, a very beautiful relationship was born. When they grew up, Lily and Atlas separated and Lily met Ryle that had a different kind of relationship that led to something very difficult. Lily had to fight the demons of her past while passing through a very difficult situation. She eventually had to make a very important decision whether to love or leave. I don't think it is necessary to write a detailed synopsis since it might contain spoilers. 

This book is not an easy read and although it contains a lot of action, one has to take care of possible triggers. I did enjoy reading the plot of the story and the actions hooked me up. Although I am still thinking that I felt a little bit distant from it. Maybe it was not the best time for me to read this story and I wanted something different or maybe after the disappointment of Ugly Love, I expected something more. I appreciated the fact how some characters handled certain situations and emotions and how the situation regard abuse was tackled. I could feel that they were genuine and raw. I am thinking to re-read this book in the future and gives it a second chance since many people seem to be obsessed with it and I think I was biased when reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment