Sunday, December 5, 2021

Strangers I'll Never Forget

The author @mj.camilleri gifted me this book in exchange of an honest review. This book is a collection of 16 short, non-fiction stories. It is the first debut book of the author and the stories are autobiographical.

This is the first non-fiction book that I have read since the opening of my insta and I think I made the best decision to accept to review it because I loved every minute. I was always afraid of reading non fiction stories because I was scared that I might find them taxing after a day at work. However, this is not the case. Each story in the book is unique in their own way, changing from comical experiences to frightful or weird events.

The protagonists of the stories are all about strangers that the author have met in his life and that somehow, they left a mark. From the Carnival gang in the early morning hours in Nadur to the girl that he met in Greece, each character in the story helped me to become aware of how beautiful our world is. Unfortunately, many of us are living in a very hectic lifestyle without having the chance to get to know other people. As I was reflecting of what I was about to write in my review I took a short walk in my village and there where I have observed the strangers that I meet every single day. Each with their own stories, lifestyles and experiences. This book is not just about other people and their stories, but it was a very an eye-opening experience for me. Although I don’t know the author personally however this book helped me to ‘get to know him’ and it was interesting that fact that for a few hours I could observe the world from a different point of view.

I can’t say anything more about the stories per se because I don’t want to spoil the fun and I promised myself that this review will be spoiler-free. However, I highly recommend this book especially to you if you are curious about the world and the strangers that we meet daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment